Fall is all around I am totally in need of pumpkin spice coffee and a few little pumpkin treats!!!
Bryce and Matt did a little baking today and whipped up these yummy treats!!! They are easy to make, they really really taste awesome. Like so awesome that you really have to ration out a serving size and then put the rest away! If you are looking for something different for your fall rotation and snacks this is one we highly recommend.
Feel free to share and give your feedback on what you think!
|Pumpkin Protein Bars|
Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories, .7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square = 63 calories, 2.3 g fat, 8 g carbs, 4 g protein
- ½ C Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend (Ideal)
- 1 - 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground clove
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 - 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
- 2 C oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ C chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
- Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
- Makes 24 squares.