My husband says that it tastes like Chicken Noodle Soup without the noodles.
- 1x 15 oz can navy beans, pinto beans or black-eyed peas, rinsed and well drained.
- 4 boneless skinnless chicken breasts or turkey breast.
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 2/3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 medium onion.
- 4 celery stalks, trimmed and chopped.
- 4 garlic cloves passed through a garlic press
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, not packed in oil.
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks.
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped fine.
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 tbsp fresh minced parsley
Tip: Serve with Ezekiel bread and a clean spread.
- Spread half of the beans in the bottom of your slow cooker pot.
- Season poultry with pepper and sea salt. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a skillet. Brown the poultry on both sides in the skillet for about 5 minutes each side. Place the browned chicken on top of the beans in a slow cooker. Top with remaining beans and the chicken stock. Use water if you don't have chicken stock.
- Saute the onions, celery, garlic, sundried tomatoes, carrots, and herbs using the same skillet. Spread this mixture over the ingredients in the crock pot. Cover and put on slow heat for several hours.