Check out these five fat-staving tips to keep you lean this holiday season!
Ah, the holidays. Or as we those of us who are too fond of cookies and traditional big meals say, AHHHHHH! The holidays!
No one decides to gain 5-15 pounds between November and January. But when family recipes, busy schedules and friendly get-togethers put fat-filled temptations in your face at every turn, who can resist?
You can! With satisfying, delicious Shakeology
. It’s your super power, giving you the strength to pass up the fluffiest mashed potatoes and the richest pumpkin pie. And that’s not the only way Shakeology makes your holidays happier. Here are five ways The Healthiest Meal of the Day® helps you stay on track during the most wonderful time of the year:
1) Shakeology helps curb cravings so you won’t overeat. Want to ease up on the eggnog and back off the brownies? Drink Shakeology before a holiday event. The whey protein isolate in each creamy glass keeps your blood sugar steady and crushes junk food cravings. That buffet table can’t hurt you now—go ahead and stroll past it. You’ll find that resisting temptation will be easier and feels way more awesome than any candied yam tastes.
2) Shakeology boosts your energy just when you need it. There are never enough hours in the day, but somehow time seems even scarcer in November and December. If you’re like me, you’ve got to run around from sunup to bedtime to get everything done. Thankfully, the vitamins, minerals and protein in Shakeology give you the stamina to keep going. Digestive enzymes in every serving speed up the body’s absorption of nutrients, too, so you can feel the benefits faster. And use any extra energy to prepare a healthy meal instead of grabbing the nearest Holiday Cheese Tray.
3) Guard against illness. There’s something magical in the air—something viral, too: cold and flu germs making the rounds in the shopping malls and holiday parties. Happily, Shakeology provides a powerful cocktail of natural ingredients to help support immune system function: super-greens, super-fruits, adaptagen herbs, pre- and probiotics and digestive enzymes. I’m not saying Shakeology will make you completely impervious to the flu bug, but it could support your immune system when you share hugs with sniffly loved ones. Come to think of it, maybe THEY could use some Shakeology.
4) Take the stress out of the season. Let’s face it: the most wonderful time of the year comes with expectations that can cause anxiety. Shakeology’s got your antidote, with protein and amino acids to promote alertness and adaptogen herbs that can reduce feelings of stress and fatigue. So relax with a glass of Shakeology. It’s a healthier way to handle stress than over-indulging in holiday spirits and/or pecan pie.
5) Replace a fattening holiday tradition with a healthy one. Instead of piling on the calories with Christmas pudding, try Chocolate Shakelogy Pudding:
Preparation: Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth. Pour into 4 small individual dishes. Refrigerate for an hour. If the pudding ends up too thick, simply add a bit more almond milk. (Serves 1.) Optional: Garnish with some chopped pecans, chia seeds or walnuts.
- 1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1tsp lemon
Treat yourself right with this lean alternative to traditional eggnog, Berry Yule Log:
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black cherries
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop Greenberry Shakeology
Mix together in blender until smooth, serve chilled.
Additional Recipes and Contests
■Starting November 29th, you can win FREE Shakeology and fitness programs in the Shakeology Holiday Dessert Recipe Contest. Visit the Shakeology Facebook Page to enter! https://www.facebook.com/Shakeology?sk=app_28134323652
Labels: Fight Holiday Habits, Losing Weight over the holidays, Shakeology