So I made this recipe for the first time yesterday and made it in the crock pot. I will give you the recipe as is but then I'll give you my tweeks! I think it has great potential but I would do some things differently. If you make this recipe please comment on what you did differently so we can update the recipe and make it even yummier! Who doesn't love wedding soup on a cold winter day!
- 1 lb extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 3 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 3 tbsp minced onion
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups spinach, rinsed, packed and thinly chopped
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
So, I thought that the meatballs were to mushy so I would suggest baking the meatballs in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Then, add them to the soup and cook the rest of the way. I would also add additional carrots into the soup! The soup had great flavor and I absolutely loved it!
- In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, eggs, oat bran, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, basil and onion. Shape mixture into 3/4 inch balls and set aside.
- In a large stockpot, heat chicken broth to boiling. Stir in spinach, carrots and meatballs. Return to boil; reduce heat to medium. cook, stirring frequently, at a slow boil for 10 minutes, or until the meatballs are no longer pink.
- Serve hot with the rest of the Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Nutritional Info: (serving is 1 cup)
Calories from fat: 6
Protein: 17 g
Total Carbs: 9 g
Total Fat: 7g
Sodium: 609 mg
This recipe was found in the Eat-Clean Diet Favorites Magazine by Tosca Reno!
Labels: Clean Eating Recipes, Eat Clean Wedding Soup