Chicken Noodle Soup

I have 2 sick boys at home and what else is more appropriate on a cold winter day than some homemade chicken noodle soup.  The store made variety is always good in a pinch but with the increase in sodium and sketchy looking meat I felt that making a pot of my own would be much more comforting.  I didn't realize how easy chicken noodle soup is to make until I actually did it!  Super easy and I got to use my new Dutch Oven that I got for Christmas!  It's a win win for everyone!

Big chunks of veggies, soothing broth, this soup will become a family favorite!

TIPS:
Ingredients
In a large pot, lightly coat the bottom with EVOO, add celery, onion and carrots. Stir until softened but not brown (about 5 minutes). Add a teaspoon of salt and pepper and teaspoon of poultry seasoning (more or less to your liking).
Add the chicken broth – I used organic, free range chicken broth. Add a little more salt and pepper and your poultry seasoning, about 2-3 tablespoons. Bring to a boil.
Add your precooked noodles and let simmer for 5 minutes. Make sure your noodles are hard-al dente as they will absorb liquid in the soup.
Add the cooked chicken and continue to simmer. Taste the broth and add more seasoning or salt/pepper to your liking.
You can garnish with fresh parsley leaves if desired. Serve in a bowl with a nice, crusty bread. Enjoy!

Serves 6

Labels: ,