Tonight Landon and I baked cookies for Santa! Landon was so excited to help me mix and stir all the ingredients. He even helped me scoop out all of the cookies onto the baking sheet! My family was there to taste test our first batch of clean oatmeal cookies and everyone agreed that they were delicious!
So Santa's waistline might be a little lighter this year because of the Mitro household's new lifestyle, lol!!
- 2 cups do it yourself olive butter spread (1/2 cup olive oil & 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened. Mix both in blender and blend until a yogurt consistency).
- 2 cups Sucanat or other unrefined sugar
- 2 large omega-3-eggs
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp best quality vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 cups unbleached all purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
- 8 oz dark raisins (optional)
- 8 oz coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
Nutritional Value per serving:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat sheets.
- Cream the olive butter spread and sucanat together in a large bowl until smooth. Beat in the eggs, honey, vanilla and sea salt until smooth and creamy. Use your clean hands to work in the flour and oats until well combined.
- Add raisins and walnuts if desired and mix until evenly distributed. Shape the dough into large 3 inch balls and press into 5 or 6 inch flat cookies on baking sheets. you can make the cookies smaller if you would like.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until as brown as your desire. Cool on wire racks. Makes 24 very large and very delicious cookies.
1 cookie with raisins and walnuts:
Calories: 471, Protein: 4g, Total Carbs: 47g, Total Fat 21 g.
*Just because these are clean cookies does not mean that you can sit down and eat an entire batch in one sitting. They still are considered a treat and should only be consumed sparingly!
Labels: clean cookie recipes, Clean Oatmeal raisin cookies