Clean Eating Coconut French Toast

Who doesn't love FRENCH TOAST!  I seriously used to be the carb queen and if I don't keep that in check I could really swing the other way once again.  But in all honesty I eat clean pretty much 100% of the time and I really try to find ways to keep it fun and interesting.  Eating clean doesn't have to be boring or bland!  It's all about finding alternatives for flavor that won't be harmful to your body.  In an effort to treat myself every once in awhile I found this awesome recipe from my favorite website, none other than the Gracious Pantry!

She pairs my favorite foods together, carbs and coconut and voila we have coconut french toast!!!
 
Clean Eating Coconut French Toast
(Makes 4 servings)

 
Ingredients

Directions
Step 1 – In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites, coconut milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.

Step 2 – Submerge the bread in to the mixture, being sure to turn it several times to get all sides coated and wet.

Step 3 – Using a non-sick pan and a very light coat of olive oil from a sprayer, cook on medium heat until the bread is cooked through, paying special attention to being sure that the egg and the middle of the bread slices are cooked through.

Step 4 – Put the toast on a plate and sprinkle each piece with 1 tbsp. of the coconut flakes.

Step 5 – Add a little honey to taste and serve.

 
Enjoy!!!

Labels: ,