Slow Cooker Mexican Dinner

My husband is out of town and I needed something quick and easy to make last night.  I was going to fit club and I tend to drink my shake for dinner on those nights so I don't have anything heavy in my stomach.  So I made this crockpot meal and put it in the fridge for today's dinner.  I sent some over to my sister in laws house last night and she said it was delicious!  Can't wait to eat it tonight!  It was SERIOUSLY the easiest meal ever!  I just threw it all together in less than 10 minutes! 

 “This is a wonderful, healthy slow-cooker Mexican-style chicken. You can make this recipe spicier by adding jalapeños or other fresh chili peppers.”

Ingredients
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 cup / 240 ml black beans
• 1 cup / 240 ml corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
• 1 small jar salsa (your favorite variety)
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml cumin
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml chili powder
• 2 cups / 480 ml cooked brown rice

Preparation
  1. Add to slow cooker: chicken breast, beans, corn, salsa, cumin and chili powder. Mix and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Serve with cooked brown rice.
To make a creamier version, add ½ cup / 120 ml plain Greek yogurt the last 30 minutes of cooking.

ENJOY!!



Labels: , ,