My husband is out of town and I needed something quick and easy to make last night. I was going to fit club and I tend to drink my shake for dinner on those nights so I don't have anything heavy in my stomach. So I made this crockpot meal and put it in the fridge for today's dinner. I sent some over to my sister in laws house last night and she said it was delicious! Can't wait to eat it tonight! It was SERIOUSLY the easiest meal ever! I just threw it all together in less than 10 minutes!
“This is a wonderful, healthy slow-cooker Mexican-style chicken. You can make this recipe spicier by adding jalapeños or other fresh chili peppers.”
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 1 cup / 240 ml black beans
• 1 cup / 240 ml corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
• 1 small jar salsa (your favorite variety)
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml cumin
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml chili powder
• 2 cups / 480 ml cooked brown rice
To make a creamier version, add ½ cup / 120 ml plain Greek yogurt the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Add to slow cooker: chicken breast, beans, corn, salsa, cumin and chili powder. Mix and cook on low 8 to 10 hours. Serve with cooked brown rice.
Labels: Clean Eating Crock Pot Meal, Eat Clean Crock Pot Meal, Eat Clean Mexican Dish