I am always looking for ways to spice things up a bit! I feel like I have been eating the same things for quite some time now! So in an effort to search out some new recipes to boost my lean muscle mass I came across this recipe in Jamie Eason's 12 week livefit program! I made them yesterday and they are delicious! So each afternoon I am going to have 2 muffins and a side of veggies!
- 2 lbs ground turkey or chicken
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- /12 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried yellow mustard
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
Serving size 2 muffins for women and 4 for men.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray muffin pan with olive or canola oil.
- Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin tin. Muffins should be about the size of raquet balls.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins.
Fat: 2 g
Carbs: 4 g
Labels: Clean eating turkey muffins, clean protein meals