Last night I invited one of my amazing bombshells and former nanny over for dinner last night. It had been a few weeks, a month to be exact since she saw the kids and accepted a full time position so we needed to catch up! I decided to try a new recipe last night. I absolutely love lemon and I love chicken so what better than to put the two of them together and make a lemon chicken scallopine!
Here is the recipe and I hope you enjoy! It is super easy, which I always like!
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 tbsp whole wheat pastry flower
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium no sugar added
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
I served my dinner with whole wheat brown rice and broccoli.
- Begin cooking the chicken in a large pan with olive oil over medium heat.
- When the chicken is no longer pink on the outside, pour half of the lemon juice and continue cooking.
- In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, rest of the lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder and capers. Whisk in the whole wheat pastry flour and set aside.
- When the chicken is almost done pour the sauce overtop and cook until it thickens
- Add salt if needed!
Labels: Clean chicken scallopine, Eat Clean Recipes