Lemon Chicken Scallopine


Last night I invited one of my amazing bombshells and former nanny over for dinner last night.  It had been a few weeks, a month to be exact since she saw the kids and accepted a full time position so we needed to catch up!  I decided to try a new recipe last night.  I absolutely love lemon and I love chicken so what better than to put the two of them together and make a lemon chicken scallopine! 

Here is the recipe and I hope you enjoy!  It is super easy, which I always like!

Ingredients:  
Directions
  1. Begin cooking the chicken in a large pan with olive oil over medium heat.
  2. When the chicken is no longer pink on the outside, pour half of the lemon juice and continue cooking.
  3. In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, rest of the lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder and capers.  Whisk in the whole wheat pastry flour and set aside.
  4. When the chicken is almost done pour the sauce overtop and cook until it thickens 
  5. Add salt if needed!
I served my dinner with whole wheat brown rice and broccoli.

 

Labels: ,