Made this last night for dinner and it really hit the spot. It's definitely not the cleanest meal out there but it is a special treat. When I am planning my meals for the week I try to only plan a meal with either pasta, or cheese once a week. It's not a special treat but it has more calories than I typically consume at a dinner. Make sure to watch your portion sizes because with this meal its easy to go overboard!
- 1lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (low fat)
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 cup of clean salsa
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 low carb whole wheat tortillas, cut into strips (I like the santa fe wraps from costco)
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook the ground turkey and onion until brown. Once cooked turn to low and add salsa, black beans and taco seasoning and mix together. Set aside
- In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and the cup of cottage cheese.
- In a baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray, line the pan with 1/2 of the tortilla strips. Scoop 1/2 of the meat mixture on top and spread out, covering the tortillas. Then add 1/2 of the cheese mix on top of the meat and spread. Repeat the layers again with remaining strips, meat, and cottage cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes and enjoy! Makes 4 servings at 350 calories each.
Labels: Eating Clean Mexican Lasagna