I always enjoy Jamie Eason's Protein Bar recipes! So this week I decided to give this one a try because I love cinnamon and I really needed to switch things up a bit! So this is now my afternoon or morning snack with my cup of tea! Guilt free and complete because it has my complex carb and my protein in one meal! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!!
Makes 16 squares
1 square = 55 calories, 1 g fat, 8 g carbs, 5 g protein
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8 X 8 inch Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- In small bowl combine: (set aside)
- 1/3 cup Ideal (Xylitol)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine: (whisk together)
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour + 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Ideal (Xylitol) or ¼ cup Stevia in the Raw
- In a medium bowl combine: (whisk together & add to large bowl)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (Almond Breeze)
- 1/3 cup or 1 4oz jar of baby food applesauce and ¼ cup low sugar vanilla yogurt (optional)
- Pour a shallow layer of batter into the loaf pan (about 1/4 of the batter).
- Sprinkle heavily with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining batter & cinnamon/sugar on top.
- Draw a knife through the batter to marble. Bake for 24 to 28 min. Let cool for 10 min. Bread will be dense.
Labels: clean protein bars, Jamie Eason Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread recipe