Chicken Piccata is one of my most favorite dinners. I used to order it at restaurants every time we went out! But the breading and buttery sauce just doesn't fit into my lean lifestyle. When I purchased Chalean Extreme it came with an awesome nutritional guide with great recipes. Chicken Piccata stuck out to me like peanut butter!!! So I decided to give this recipe a try! It was delicious and my family loved it too!
- 4 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, butterflied. I used 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts.
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp capers
- 12 asparagus spears
- Mrs Dash Italian Seasoning to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Calories: 385, Protein: 44g, Carbs: 15g, Fiber: 3g, Fat Total 14 g.
- Season chicken breasts with Mrs. Dash. Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Cook chicken breast for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Then add white wine, lemon juice, and capers and simmer until chicken is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with asparagus spears.
- To prepare Asparagus I heated the oven to 350 degrees, washed and rinsed the asparagus and then drizzled 1 tbsp olive oil over spears on a flat baking sheet. Sprinkled with sea salt and baked until cripsy (about 15 minutes).
Labels: Clean Eating Chicken Piccata, Healthy Chicken Piccata recipe