Country Style Pork Chops with Sauteed Spinach

Clean eating pork chops


Oh how I love to cook and I absolutely love to cook clean foods!  I am always looking for new ways to spice things up.  I feel like sometimes I get into a rut cooking the same foods week after week!  so this week I decided that I was going to pull out some of the nutrition guides that have come with my fitness programs and give them a whirl.  So far my absolute favorite cookbook is the Chalean Extreme guide!  Talk about clean food and totally full of flavor!  I have tried quite a few of her meals and so far there is not one that I wouldn't make again.

Last night I made the Country Style Pork Chops with Sauteed Spinach and it was very tasty!

Ingredients:
Preparation:
Season pork chop with salt and lemon pepper and sear in a nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.  Remove chop from pan.  In the same pan, saute the shallots for about 2 minutes.  Then add mustard, chicken stock, and water and reduce until thick (should coat the back of the spoon).  Top the pork chop with the sauce.  In the same pan, saute spinach and tomatoes until the spinach is wilted.  Top spinach and tomatoes with grated parmesan cheese.

Since I was feeding a family of 4 I doubled the recipe and I added in some steamed green beans and the whole family enjoyed this meal!!! 

Labels: