P90X/Insantiy Hybrid Week 1 Update and Meal Plan


Well we are back to Monday again!  It's another week to kick some butt and stay focused in our game plan!  I always like to share my progress and where I am at on my fitness journey.  Just because I have had my transformation per say that doesn't mean that I just stop working out and go back to my old eating habits.  Instead I continue to live the lifestyle that I so desperately crave!  It not only makes my body look good but I just feel better too!  I have more energy when I eat healthy and I am stronger.  Plus your self confidence sky rockets when you feel good about your body. 

I have officially finished the first week of my Insanity/P90X hybrid and it kicked my butt!  I honestly didn't realize that I could be that sore!  I was sore in places that I haven't been sore in a long time.  I actually sympathized with my challengers last week who were doing P90X because I knew how they felt.  The soreness when you start a new fitness program is so intense!  Even when  you refuel your body with the right foods post workout you can avoid it 100%.  So I pushed through,  I didn't skip my workout, because I know that P90X/Insanity hybrid is set up not to work the same muscle groups 2 days in a row so I wasn't causing myself any harm by working out the next day.  I had muscle soreness not an injury.  If you feel like you have injured yourself then it is important to see your Doctor ASAP! 

So Friday was legs and back and that was the icing on the cake!  Saturday and Sunday I could barely get myself off the chair because my booty was soo sore! But it's a good sore and I am weird but I kinda like it! 

My Shakeology today while playing at the park with my kids
I have been refueling with results and recovery this entire week. So after my workout is over I mix 1 scoop of the P90X results and recovery with 12 oz water and shake it up.  It has helped to reduce the muscle fatigue and soreness and keep up my energy level.  If you are noticing yourself bonking out after a workout then I highly recommend that you give it a try!  The other thing that has been my saving grace with nutrition is Shakeology.  Even though I am at my weight loss goal and I don't want to lose any more weight I still drink Shakeology every day.  So many people just think of it as a weight loss shake.  It is absolutely instrumental in losing weight but that is because it is proper nutrition in the appropriate serving size.  It serves multiple purposes for me.  So it gives me the energy that I need to make it through intense workouts, it provides me with the nutrition that I am unable to get from the foods that I eat each day and it is convenient!  So when I'm out at the store and I'm starving, instead of hitting the drive thru I mix up a shake and I'm saved from fast food and bad choices!  Plus its quick easy and takes care of my evening cravings for sugar.  I prefer to drink the chocolate so it's my chocolate fix without the guilt!!!

Those of you that follow my posts pretty regularly also know that I am a huge planner!  I plan out my meals every week and prepare food ahead of time so I am never caught without my snacks and meals.  This week for some reason I felt the need to spice things up!  I needed a new variety and something different to eat.  So here is my meal plan choked full of some new ideas to keep me fresh.  I hope you find it helpful and insightful.  As always if you have questions or need help picking meals that are going to propel you forward in your health and fitness then by all means shoot me a message and I can hook you up!
food prep for the week

Have a great day and I'll keep you updated on my progress as I go!  CHEERS TO THE NEXT 11 WEEKS OF P90X/INSANITY HYBRID!!


Labels: , , ,