It is prime zucchini season and I have them coming out of my ears! So instead of letting them go to waste I decided to make a wonderful snack for my family that isn't too sinful! I paired it with a little low sodium marinara sauce and the feedback was delicious!!!
- 1/4 cup Homemade Breadcrumbs ( I used Ezekiel Bread)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- heaping 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cold milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups sliced zucchini (about 2 small zucchinis)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine breadcrumbs, cheese (if using) and black pepper.
- In separate bowl add flour, milk and vinegar. Gently stir until combined but do not over stir.
- Dip zucchini slices in flour mixture and then dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated zucchini slices on a baking sheet (I line mine with non
stick foil for easy clean up!) and bake for 30 minutes, flipping the
slices over once halfway through cooking, or until browned and crisp.
Makes 2 servings.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 224.5, Cal. from Fat: 33.5, Total
Fat: 3.5g, Sat. Fat: 0g, Carbs: 41.5g, Fiber: 6.5g, Sugars: 12g,
Protein: 9g, Sodium: 459mg, Chol: 0mg
These chips are best eaten right out of the oven. They don’t save well.
Labels: Clean Eating Zucchini chips