The Labor Day Weekend is in full force and that means picnics and parties for many of us!! I am always looking for sneaky ways to show people what clean food tastes like without it looking like a diet dish!!! One of my challengers forwarded me this recipe and I just couldn't wait to try it! I had plenty of fresh tomatos and basil from my garden so I didn't even have to buy them at the grocery store!!!
This salad was bursting with flavor and it was gorgeous!!!
|Amazingly good salad!|
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pound edamame (shelled) cooked
- 10 medium plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh, cut into ribbons
- 1 small uncooked red onion finely sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
To make dressing, in a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, water, garlic, salt and pepper, set aside.
In a large serving bowl, combine edamame, tomatoes, basil and onion; toss with dressing and sprinkle with cheese. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
Labels: Clean Eating Side Dish, Easy Clean Summer Salad Recipe, Picnic Sides