In honor of the fall season I was given an awesome recipe for pumpkin granola bars. Who doesn't love granola, chocolate and pumpkin together!!! :) This is a quick snack on days when you need something portable or are in need of some crunch! One of my challengers made this recipe and brought it to our weekly meeting to share and it was delicious!!
- 3 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup 85% dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 by 8 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Chop your dark chocolate into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, spices and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk pumpkin, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over the oats and stir well, until all of the oats are moist. Stir in the dark chocolate and almonds.
- Evenly press oat mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown. The pumpkin keeps the bars moist, so make sure they are golden and set-you don't want them to be under baked. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into bars. Remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Makes 10-12 granola bars.
Labels: Clean Eating Pumpkin Recipe, Pumpkin Granola Bar, Pumpkin recipes