Coach Success Story-Marlena Hedine





I became a coach initially to receive the discount. It was a no brainer since my husband is in the service and I would get all fees waived. However, I did know that I liked to lead by example and it may be an option to really coach in the future. I wanted to first focus on myself and reach my own personal goals before trying to help others reach theirs. I was in a previous challenge with another coach and I wasn’t getting the results I wanted. I had just had my second baby, I was sluggish, overweight, my pants wouldn’t fit, and I had everyone around me telling me I would never get my pre baby body back

That’s all it took for me to get off that couch and start moving.  My first attempt was Insanity. I did it off and on for about 3 weeks and I just wasn’t getting the motivation I needed and my husband wasn’t any help. He would wave cookies and greasy food in my face. I wasn’t reaching my goals and everyone around me was. I finally had enough!!!! I found Melanie, got in her 90 day challenge, and took a shot at Turbo Fire. I knew that it wasn’t going to be easy. We were living in Australia and getting ready to switch duty stations to Honolulu, Hawaii. In between the move I was going to leave my husband in Australia and spend some time with my family for two months before leaving for Hawaii. I told Melanie about my moving situations and we devised a plan to get through it. I told her I understood the hurdles and struggles that would be ahead of me but I was NOT going to give up. Of course I had my ups and downs with in that 90 days but I got through it. I received awesome results from Turbo Fire but didn’t want to share them right away. I had a fear of rejection! I didn’t want to hear the words “that’s it” “that’s all” I didn’t want people to laugh or pick at my before picture or think that my after picture just wasn’t that great. So I hid it! 
 
Once we got settled in our hotel in Hawaii while waiting on house to be available on base I decided that I really wanted to take a shot at this coaching thing. I tried a little by copying some of the posters Melanie posted on her Facebook Wall and I advertised clean eating challenge groups but I just wasn’t gaining any interest. So I put myself down and I thought I was doing something wrong. I figured I couldn’t do this coaching thing and why did it seem to be so much easier for everyone else. 

Finally, it clicked! I was up late one night catching up on assignments in the 30 day coaching camp and Day 4’s Assignment stated “YOU want to succeed as a COACH?!?! There is ONE THING... beyond ANYTHING ELSE that will help you to succeed... and THAT IS... ACTIVELY BEING A PRODUCT OF THE PRODUCT!!!” In that instant I realized what I needed to do. You see, I hadn’t even taken my after pictures in Turbo Fire. I figured that I really blew it that I didn’t have good enough results. I had low confidence and didn’t believe in myself. So I took my after pictures and went back to my pictures from the beginning of my beach body journey and I put them side by side. I was STUNNED! I couldn’t believe how far I had come. I was always too hard on myself and I never believed that I could actually accomplish anything. 

So, I was scared to death what everyone would think if I posted these pictures. I figured it’s now or never. If people don’t except me then they were really never my friends to begin with. I just told myself either I can get a ton of feedback or I can get none. Which just means it wouldn’t change a thing because I was already getting nothing. I had no customers & no coaches under me.  It was late at night when I posted the pictures and instead of just posting them and saying nothing I wrote something straight from the heart. I wanted everyone to know the real reason that I posted these pictures because me posting these pictures wasn’t just posting them to get people to buy the products, it hit an emotional spot in me.

 I was releasing something I had kept hidden for so long and that I was so scared to release. That night, I couldn’t sleep. I tossed and turned all night. Those pictures were on my mind. I was scared to death but excited at the same time. I wanted to know what everyone would say, what would happen next. I woke up that next morning with a full inbox and about 20 comments. Everyone wanted to know how I did it! They wanted to know the secret and they wanted to do the same. They wanted results like that. I was told things like “I’m an inspiration” and “you look amazing, how did you do it”. 

I couldn’t believe that people were amazed with my results and were asking me for advice. I was so honored that I couldn’t wait to let each and every single person in on the secret of Shakeology and how effective Beachbody programs are along with challenge groups. Best of all I had a Brazilian Butt Lift Challenge going on and I wanted to help each and every single person that came in contact with and explain how awesome and motivational these challenge groups are. I began talking to each and every person individually and I told them exactly what I did, what I would like to do for them, and that I would be there every step of the way to motivate them and get them great results.  

 I have become an overnight success. Literally in a matter of 2-3 days I became an Emerald Coach and am continuing to add people into my challenge group daily. I truly have a heart for helping people reach their goals.

I know how it feels to not have confidence in yourself and be depressed because you just don’t feel pretty. I can relate to each and every single person because I have been there and am still there. I’m still a work in progress but as much as my customers and challengers need me, I need them too. They are what is in the back of my mind when I’m doing my daily workouts, drinking my Shakeology, and choosing healthy food choices. I feel like I have finally found my happy place and in the midst of just trying to be a successful beachbody coach I have truly found my calling and myself. I am so thankful for the opportunity to help others and give my time up to make someone smile and gain back their confidence. 

That gives me chills just thinking about it now. I finally understand what being a real coach means!! The only place I’m going from here is up! I want to touch as many people as possible! 

 
 Check out my site for more information on my story and my progress to date!!!!

Labels: , ,