It's time to start really thinking about what to get every one of your family and friends on your Christmas list. Do you have someone who is really into health and fitness? Do you have someone who you would like to encourage to live a healthier lifestyle? Do you have a friend who is just starting their health and fitness journey? Well here is my list of must have items for someone that wants to live a healthier lifestyle!
1. Subscription to Oxygen Magazine-This magazine is by far my favorite! I already have a subscription and I can't wait for it to come each month. Not only does it have great fitness tips, but it has all clean recipes, protein shakes and my favorite is motivation and encouragement to keep you working towards your fitness goals.
2. Heart Rate Monitor/Calorie Calculator- The Polar T4 with the chest strap is the one that I have. It is inexpensive but really effective. I purchased one for myself last year and use it every day. I love that it gives you the range where you are working the hardest and at the end you can see how many calories you have burned during your workout. I find myself pushing to get my heart rate up into the upper limits so that I will burn more calories during my workouts. I also love knowing how many calories I burn so I can eat more as well!! LOL!
It's just a great tool to monitor your progress!!! Great stocking stuffer!
3. Jump mats- These mats are fantastic for when you are doing Insanity, Turbofire or even floor exercises. It provides you cushion if you workout on a hard surface and it protects your floor as well. I bought mine at Walmart and 2 packs covers a sufficient amount of area for me to do Insanity and Turbofire!!
Shakeology- To some this might be an odd gift but to ME and other people that are really into their health and fitness this is the BEST present ever!!! If someone gave me a bag of Shakeology I would be jumping for joy! Not only does it save me $100 but it will give me a whole month of energy, controlled cravings, vitamins and nutrients to keep my immune system at optimal functioning during the flu season and overall yummy goodness! There is nothing more important to invest in than your health!!! So give the gift of health and nutrition to those you love! Heck you don't even have to tell them it's healthy!
9. Les Mills Body Combat- Why not give someone the brand new Beachbody home fitness program Les Mills Body Combat. It's a 12 week total body high intensity workout that will get you in shape after the holiday is over and you are left with those extra pounds from Grandmas famous sugar cookies! Plus you can enroll in my January 7th Challenge group and get support, motivation, accountability plus meal planning, recipes and online support through a closed facebook group. You can participate in the comfort of your own home! BONUS! Oh and it should be arriving on my door step any day which means I will be doing Combat with you starting January 7th!!!
10. Last but not least NEW SHOES to kick some serious butt in your workouts!! I just picked these Nike Free Run shoes!! They seriously feel like air on my feet. Everyone can use new shoes to prevent injury and maximize progress!!
So have a Merry Christmas and get the ones that you love a gift of health and fitness this holiday season!!!