Peanut Butter Cookies
Yields 20 Cookies
- 14 organic dried apricots
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 pastured organic egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour (such as King Arthur brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet with extra virgin coconut oil.
- Place dried apricots in a microwave-safe dish and cover with 1 cup of water. Heat on high for 2 1/2 minutes. Let apricots sit in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain water and set apricots aside.
- Place peanuts in a mini food processor and process into fine “crumbs”. Set aside.
- In a high-speed blender, add the apricots, melted extra virgin coconut oil, peanut butter, egg, pure vanilla extract and water. Process on high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and process again.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir the wet ingredients in with the dry and mix well. Add in the peanuts and stir to combine.
- Measure one tablespoon of batter per cookie and place cookies on prepared baking sheet. Flatten cookies lightly with a fork. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven and set on a rack to cool. Note: Cookies will keep for 3 days in a covered container or freeze for up to one month in a zip-top bag.
Labels: cookie recipe, cut the sugar, Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies