I am totally in need of some new recipes! Since our lives have been in total chaos for the past few months I've been pretty much sticking the the basics and the foods I already know and love. I've finally unpacked the kitchen and have cooked a few meals in the new house. I decided to try something new tonight. I had some pork chops in the fridge so I googled "clean eating pork chop recipe" and this one came up! I had all the ingredients in the house so it was a GO!!!! It was also a hit with the entire family. We had my dad over for dinner and he even suggested I give the recipe to my mom!!!
So of course I have to share it with you too! ENJOY!!!
- 3/4 c parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried orgeno
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/4 tsp thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs pork chops
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- In a small bowl whisk together mustard, oil, and spices.
- Season the 4 pork chops with pepper, then brush both sides of the chops with the mustard mixture.
- Press the grated cheese into both sides of the chops.
- Place the chops on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. The coating should be browned and slightly crispy and the pork should be cooked through.
- Note: you can also use this recipe with boneless chicken breasts instead of pork chops.
Calories: 417 g Fat: 17.8 g Carbs 2.23 g Fiber .6 g Sugars .66 Protein 58g