A lot of people have never heard of quinoa or are deathly afraid of it! But don't be, it is absolutely delicious. I explain it as similar to rice in the sense that you cook it the same way. But it has a chewier consistency and is actually a complete protein. So it is packed with your healthy carbs and your sustaining protein all in one food! BONUS for those of us who are clean eaters, vegetarians or need to increase protein! Plus it gives you that carb consistency without the after affects!
This recipe was given to me by a friend and when I made it I fell in love! Add in some fruit and it's even more delicious! Check it out!!!
- 2 1/2 cups of quinoa cooked and cooled
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Yields nine to 12 bars
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF and place the quinoa in a large mixing
bowl. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with lightly greased parchment.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, soy milk, vanilla extract,
and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Add maple syrup (if using) and
3. Add egg mixture to cooked and cooled quinoa. Stir with a large
spoon to combine. Pour into the parchment-lined baking dish and spread
it around to ensure that it’s even.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until set and golden.
5. Using parchment, remove bake from pan as soon as possible so that it doesn’t steam.
6. Cool completely and cut into squares. Serve with a dollop of nut butter.
Labels: breakfast, Breakfast Quinoa, Clean Eating Recipes, fit mommy, melanie mitro, Quinoa bake