Ultimate Reset Day 6 & 7



Well it's officially the end of my first week of the reset!  Thursday I woke up 5 minutes before my alarm went off and my pain in my body had gone away completely!!!  It was awesome!!!  Then, Friday I woke up on day 7 and had a ton of energy.  I actually made it through the entire day without even needing to lay down and close my eyes.  I had much more patience than I usually do and I was able to play with the boys, clean the house, do my grocery shopping for week 2 and cook dinner for the family and hang out with my husband and not fall asleep on the couch (which I am notorious for). 

Week 1 was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Why?  Because I got to eat oatmeal (which is my favorite), I still had filling meals with protein and veggies  (which I typically eat anyways) and I could still drink my Shakeology.  Yes, the meals were only 3 a day with 1 snack and I am used to 5-6 small meals a day but it was totally doable.  The food is great the recipes rock and I am walking away from this week feeling like I could really make some big changes in my diet.  I am not bloated anymore at the end of the day and I am not edgy or irritated like I used to be. 

The best part about week 1 is that my son Landon who is almost 4 years old said to me.  "Mommy, get out your book, I want what you are having!"  That just made my heart melt.  He flipped through the book until he found the fruit plate and together we prepared a healthy breakfast.  Then, for lunch he said, "What's in the book for lunch?"  It's amazing the impact we have on our kids at such a young age.  I didn't really tell him what I was doing but he picks up on things so quickly.  Which means that any small changes you make in your health and fitness your kids will surely follow suit! 

So for the last 2 days here is what the meals looked like!

Day 6 Breakfast:  I have to say this was my least favorite breakfast of all.  This was my very first time trying Tempeh.  Tempeh is a fermented soy product that's high in protein and easy to digest.  It was marinated overnight and baked in the oven. I ate it with 1/8 sliced avocado, 1/2 c steamed spinach and 1 slice whole grain toast.  BLAH!  But it did it's job and kept me full until lunch.
Lunch was the fabulous quinoa salad from yesterday and a microgreen salad with greek dressing.
Snack was an apple and 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter at about 3:30 pm.

When I first looked at dinner I thought, what the heck is a roasted root medley.  But let me tell you that the dish was like eating candy!  This is one meal that I will add to my rotation and even make as a side dish for company.  Then the zucchini cashew soup was green!!!  But it is the best green soup you will ever taste!!!  I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's dinner!!! 


Day 7 is here!!!  The fog has lifted and life is really good!  My focus when I was doing my work that morning was impeccable.  I had ideas spewing all over the place.  Where usually I would be dragging to get myself going!!  I am pretty excited none the less.

Breakfast:  I get to eat my favorite food,  OATMEAL!!!  The oatmeal has 1/2 green apple, chopped walnuts, some plain yogurt and a tad of agave nectar to sweeten!!
Lunch was the Zucchini Cashew soup & Microgreen Salad. 
Snack was my vegan chocolate Shakeology.  Dinner is the stinkin Tempeh again with brown rice and steamed veggies.  GRRRRR  I ate it thinking it would be better as a dinner choice.  Not so much!  But I did my duty and tried something new!


So now it is off to the grocery store to get my ingredients for week 2!  This week we releasing!  Which means we completely eliminate animal products, including dairy, eggs and meat.  I am moving into a more vegetable, fruit and whole grain based diet.  Every breakfast includes fruit.  I am beginning to add in the Detox supplement starting today!  So wish me luck in phase 2!!! 

Oh and on a side note, I am down 4 lbs total as of today!  I feel leaner, my body feels good and I would highly recommend the Reset to my family, friends and You!  I can hardly wait to see what the other ladies in my challenge group have achieved in week 1!  Stay tuned for their success as well!








Labels: , , , , ,