This week my team call for my Beachbody Coaches in the Dream Team was about overcoming fear! How many times do you hold back from doing something that you really WANT to do because you are AFRAID that you might fail, or that you will look stupid or make a mistake?! How many times do you say NO to an OPPORTUNITY that could of been the game changer for your future?
I truly believe that sometimes you just need to know that someone believes in you. Knowing that someone out there will lift you up if you crash into the wall is comforting. The one thing that I know for sure is this, if I would of waited until I had all the information, learned all the facts and finished the training before I started my business and fitness journey then I would still be sitting here 30 lbs heavier and broke! So take that leap of faith and build your wings on the way down.
Next, when it comes to overcoming fear there are a few things that you can do to help you really step out of your comfort zone and take fear by the hand and lead it out of your life!
1. Awareness: Before you can begin overcoming your fear, you have to know that it is causing havoc in your life. It's easy to get so attached to your thoughts and feelings. You begin to think that the fear you are feeling is all that exists. And that my friend is the furthest from the truth!
2. Identify: Get specific about the thing that you are afraid of! Look at the pictures that you have in your mind regarding the fearful situation. What is happening in those pictures? What are you really scared of? Become an observer of your inner space! Write it down!
3. Curiousity: Get curious as to why you are generating these fears? Is it your past life experiences? Is it someone around you who keeps putting you down? Is it the fear of what others will think? Where do you feel this fear? How do you react to it? Again, be an observer of what is going on around and in you!
4. The Now: What are you LACKING RIGHT NOW. Not yesterday or tomorrow but right now!!! Accept yourself as you are right this very second!
Now make a list- be aware of your weaknesses. Sit down and journal everything that you feel is holding you back. We will use this again!!!
5. Talk: this is a no brainer right!!! Find someone, either a friend, family member or co worker that you can talk to about your fears. Someone you can be honest and open with. How often do we hold in the negative things in our life because we are afraid of how others might react! Get it off your chest, get empowered and move on! Make sure you are talking to someone who adds value and doesn't feed into your negativity!!
6. Read: I am a HUGE proponent of personal development. A good book on your specific fear can open new doors on how you can get rid of them. I suggest you start reading something that is specific to the topic you are dealing with. Google and Amazon are my best friends when it comes to finding the best motivational and inspirational books.
7. Take ACTION: This is my #1!!! So we talk about all of this and you say "YES YES I GET IT" but then you do nothing! Or you read the book but do not implement a single thing. You feel like a failure! WHY?! Because you didn't actually take action. The minute you start to take action and tackle that fear it starts to become smaller and smaller. The thoughts in your imagination begin to become unrealistic. The confidence begins to step forward and the strength you possess shines through. Take ACTION NOW! Build your wings on the way down!!!
8. Positivity: Whenever fear strikes, flip it over. Instead of thinking that something bad is going to happen, think of something positive. What's a positive outcome of your fear? If you're thinking about public speaking, imagine yourself being wildly successful. Everyone in the room stands to give you a standing ovation. Think of yourself right now as the successful person that you wish to become.
9. Perspective: Overcoming fear is all about putting your negative thoughts in perspective. We tend to focus way to much on the negative!!! So by looking at the options you often realize that you are making a big deal out of nothing. There are so many things that can happen that it is impossible for you to predict!! We are not PSYCHIC!!!
10. WTWTCH. What's the worst that could happen?!?! If you are afraid of public speaking, imagine yourself on stage with everyone laughing at you. How do you feel afterwards? You are still alive right? Life GOES ON!!!!!
But what if you get up on stage and you change someone's life? You Save a marriage with your story? You help someone who is in a deep dark place? You help someone lose weight so that they can play with their kids again? Think of the possibilities!! Think of all the people you could impact if you chose to keep fear out of the equation!!!
My assignment for you is this:
Sit down and make a list of everything I mean EVERYTHING that you are afraid of!
Then, circle the one thing that is the biggest fear of all!
Tell me, how does this fear hold you back in life?
How has it helped me in the past?
What would be the benefit of overcoming these fears?
Go out there and BE ON THE PATH THAT LEADS TO AWESOME!!! You are destined for great things. Fear will not get you down!!!!
Whether this pertains to your fitness journey or your own personal life I am here to help! If you want more support then contact me by clicking the box on the right! It's my passion and calling to help you achieve a healthy and fulfilling life! However I can support you just shout me out!!
Now is your TIME!! Fear will not define you!
Whether it is in your fitness journey, your career or your family life you deserve to live a life that is fulfilling! I hope that this inspires you to dream bigger! You DESERVE IT!!