Guilt Free Cinnamon Rolls
2.5 TBSP Coconut Oil (Softened - ~30 seconds in microwave)
1/3 c Stevia in the Raw
1/4 Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend
2.5 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 c Oat Flour (We use Bob's Red Mill Oat Flour. There is also a Gluten Free Version)
1 c Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (We use Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour)
1/4 c Vanilla Protein Powder
2 TBSP Stevia in the Raw
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
3 TBSP Coconut Oil (Softened - ~30 seconds in microwave)
3/4 c Unsweeted Original Almond Milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine ingredients for filling in a small bowl. Ingredients will form a grainy paste. Set aside.
3. Mix first 6 ingredients of dough in a medium size bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon (metal can also be used; however to save utensils, it may be easier to use a wooden spoon so you can continue using it for your dough). Once combined, slowly integrate the softened coconut oil into the mixture, stirring to combine. This should begin forming a dough. Once combined, add almond milk to complete dough, stirring and kneading with the wooden spoon. Form ball with dough.
4. Once dough is combined, place dough on a floured surface (can use either the oat flour or the whole wheat flour to protect your surface). Using a floured rolling pin, roll dough to a 1/4" consistency. It is best to create as much of a rectangle/square as possible while doing this.
5. Spread 3/4 of your filling mixture over the top of the dough mixture. Be sure to coat all areas of dough. Roll up dough starting at one end - you may use a knife to help you if the dough is sticking to your floured surface.
6. Cut dough into 12 equal size pieces. Place each cinnamon roll (piece) in one section of a 12 muffin tin that has been sprayed with 100% pure olive oil (We use this sprayer). This will promote consistency while baking and avoid sticking. Using a spoon add the rest (1/4) of your filling mixture to the top of each cinnamon roll.
7. Bake for approximately 18-22 minutes depending on your desired consistency. Because the dough does not have yeast, it will be softest at 18 minutes vs. 22 minutes.
Mets: per cinnamon roll (you determine your serving size)
Calories - 134
Protein - 4g
Fats - 8g
Carbs - 13g
Sugars - 1g
The fat content is high - is that ok? Yep! Coconut oil is a good fat - don't go indulging in all 12 cinnamon rolls, but 2 would be the perfect portion size if you need a sweet treat in the morning, perhaps coupled with 1/4 c of unsweetened greek yogurt.
Why is there no icing? Quite frankly, I have tried about 4 different clean "icing" recipes and they just don't taste right. The rolls are sweet without the icing!
5 egg whites or egg whtie substitute
1 scoop natural protein powder (I use brown rice protein powder)
1/2 cup regular oats
1 packet Stevia or 2 tsp. agave
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice
1/2 tsp vanilla
Fruit (optional, can be mixed into batter or served on top)
- Preheat a skillet pan on low/medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until combined.
- Pour batter onto skillet to make either one giant pancake or several separate pancakes (better this way).
- Cook until golden brown on each side. (2-3 mins/side)
- Serve with a little pure maple syrup or fruit on top.
Here is a great punch recipe that I have used in the past as well: In a big punch bowl I mixed 2 bottles of seltzer water, 2 bottles of organic blueberry raspberry juice with no artificial sweeteners and a bag of frozen raspberries with ice! Clean and super easy!
To finish it all off you can serve some sparkling water with fresh strawberries, lemons and limes. Serve tea, organic juice, and water to your guests. I bet that with all of these amazing dishes they won't have a clue that they are eating clean food!!!
If you would like more information on how you can turn any special event or function into a clean eating feast then ask me how you can be a part of my 30 day Clean Eating and Shakeology group. In this online closed group I will teach you the basics of clean eating, dealing with temptations, cravings, traveling, and eating out at restaurants plus meal planning, food prep and more!!!
Ask me how you can get in on this exclusive group to feel your best and lose weight too! With summer fast approaching there will be plenty of opportunities to make bad choices. But when you are prepared you can handle any obstacle that is put in your way!!!