|Clean eating Turkey Burgers|
When you think of summer what is the first thing that pops into your mind? Sun, Pool, Beach, Watermelon, Bikini, Vacation, BBQ and ICE CREAM! A lot of these things are a dieters nightmare, but not you and not this time! Instead of being afraid of social situations, or afraid of food because you are trying to lose weight or stay healthy just find replacements to the things you love so that you can still enjoy life. I was once the person who was afraid of eating foods because I didn't want to ruin all my hard work. Now I eat, I am happy and my family is healthy. To me it's a win win!!
So burgers is the topic of discussion today. Traditional hamburgers are chocked full of saturated fat, calories and cholesterol but they taste soo good! That's because fat creates flavor and the more flavor the more rib stickin it gets. But there is a way to preserve flavor and keep it clean!!
So how can you make a clean burger?
- Start out with some lean ground turkey, fresh is always better.
- Chop up 1 onion and fold into the ground turkey.
- I put in some onion salt
- Chopped parsley
- and some chili lime fajita seasoning for some kick
- Salt and pepper
- Then I formed into round patties on a plate.
- Next I sent my hubby out to fire up the grill!!!
- We grilled each burger until the juices ran clear then placed on a whole grain bun with lettuce, tomato, red onion and all natural ketchup.
For the sides I sliced up sweet potatoes and drizzled some extra virgin olive oil and taco seasoning and baked them in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until crispy.
Then, I took a zucchini sliced it and grilled with sea salt and pepper.
It was a very flavorful and filling dinner! No one was complaining.
|Summer BBQ |
Labels: beachbody coach, clean eating, Committed to Getting Fit, Grilled zucchini, melanie mitro, Sweet Potato Fries, Top Coach, Turkey Burger