This past weekend was Super Saturday at my house which is our quarterly Beachbody meeting where we discuss the upcoming products and promotions and just network with other Beachbody Coaches. I decided to host my team at my house this time! Everyone brought a side dish to share and this one absolutely rocks!!! I seriously couldn't be more excited to share this with you. If you have a 4th of July picnic or family get together this one is going to have people asking for the recipe!!! Thank you Sara Stakeley for sharing it with me!!!!
|Southwest Quinoa Salad|
Makes: 8 cups
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted, or 1 tsp ground cumin
- High-heat cooking oil (such as sunflower, safflower, peanut or grape seed oil), as needed to lightly coat grill grate
- 2 cobs fresh corn, husks and silk removed (or 1 1/4 cups frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 cup cooked black beans, drained
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 zucchini or yellow zucchini squash, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil; add quinoa and cumin. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 12 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat an outdoor grill to medium-high and lightly oil grate with cooking oil. Add corn, close lid and grill, turning once, until tender and lightly charred, 10 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, boil cobs in a large pot of simmering water. Cover and cook until tender, 6 to 10 minutes.) Let corn cool, then cut kernels from cob.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, corn kernels, beans, tomato, zucchini and onion. Pour lemon-cilantro dressing over top and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate salad for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to meld, or up to 2 days.
Let me know what you think if you try it! It's da BOMB!!!!
Labels: Black Beans, Clean Eating Recipes, Party Recipes, Quinoa, Side Dish, Southwest quinoa salad, Vegan Recipe