The one thing I really really like about the T25 nutrition guide is the meals are just as quick as the workouts. No fuss, no fancy ingredients and not a lot of prep time is needed. Our family loves to eat Salmon and this is becoming a family favorite.
Have you ever heard of a 2 and 4 year old that love salmon and asparagus? Mine do!!! I think it's because we have always made them at least give it a try! A few bites is all that we ask. Most of the time they end up loving it so it's a win win for everyone!!!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!!
Tomato Basil Salmon with Garbanzos
- 1/3 cup canned crushed tomatoes with basil, with juice
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (5oz.) raw salmon filet
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1/3 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- Combine tomatoes, capers, and garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
- Season both sides of salmon filet with salt and pepper if desired.
- Heat medium skillet lightly coated with spray over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon, cook for 2 minutes on one side. Turn.
- Layer tomato mixture and chickpeas over salmon in skillet; cook, covered, for 5 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Serves 1: 308 calories, fat 10g, Saturated fat 2g, Cholesterol 78mg, Sodium 651 mg, Carbohydrates 19 g, Fiber 1g, Sugar 4g, Protein 33g.
Labels: basil, clean eating, Clean Eating Dinner, Dinner, Eat clean, Garbanzos, Healthy Salmon Recipe, melanie mitro, Salmon, Tomato