Clean Eating Blondie Cookies---> Not Joking!!! So Good!!!

Blondies anyone?!?!?!

Seriously I think I have died and gone to heaven.  Don't let the ingredients fool you because these bad boys really do taste good!  I mean not just a little good but amazingly good!!  You have to try them!

They are vegan and gluten free but you don't have to be either of those in order to make these.
I classify these as the perfect sweet treat when that craving hits!  Or if you are like me, you make them, you serve them and you TELL NO ONE that they are healthy and then wait to see what people say!
I bet they love them and then ask for the recipe!  Then at that point, I don't shout omg they are healthy!!  I say here you go, hand over the recipe and watch their expression!!!  PRICELESS!!!!

Mine didn't look so pretty so I used the picture on the site!

Ingredients

Cooking spray
1 can (15oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup al natural almond butter or peanut butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave nectar (you can also use honey if you're not vegan)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips plus 2 tbsp
sea salt for sprinkling

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a food processor, add all the ingredients except chocolate chips and process until batter is smooth.  Fold in 1/3 cup of chocolate chips, I like to use dark chocolate because it has less sugar but it's up to you.  Note:  Batter will be thick and super delicious, so you could actually just eat it on it's own!

Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tbsp of chocolate chips on top.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are brown.  The batter may look under cooked but you don't want them to dry out.
Cool pan for 20 minutes on wire rack.  Sprinkle with sea salt and cut into squares!!!

Serving Size:  1 bar
Calories:  120
FatL 6 g
Carbs 12.5 g
Sugar:  6.9 g
Fiber:  1.8 g
Protein:  3.5 g

Recipe found on Ambitious Kitchen.  www.ambitiouskitchen.com


Ok so make these and then go to my facebook page.  www.facebook.com/melaniejmitro and post a picture of your blondies and tell me how they turned out!!!!  

Thanks!!!

Labels: , , , , , ,