How to Avoid the Halloween Candy Bowl

Healthy Halloween Candy Ideas


Seriously there is Halloween candy staring at me everywhere and I didn't even buy any yet! To be honest we aren't even giving out candy.  We bought Pretzels at Costco to give out!  I do let my kids go trick or treating and they do get to eat candy but I can guarantee that within a week that candy will disappear.  I did it last year and no one said a word about where it went. I sent some to work with my husband and the rest to the trash can!  I didn't feel guilty and I am not depriving them.  Believe me they get special treats way more than they should!  I notice that when they have to much sugar they cannot focus, their behavior is bad and they can't listen.  So I'm not going to set myself up for a situation that I have to be angry with them when if I just don't give them the sugar we won't have a problem.  Something to consider!!!

Now ME on the other hand.  I can control my emotions, if I eat sugar I do not act out but I can tell you that I feel like crap.  I have rationalized in my head that I deserve that Reese's Cup.  Then, I eat it and feel awful and bloated for doing so.  I have been thru the plethora of emotions with food and treats and honestly it's just not worth it.  Instead, I am always on a mission to find healthy replacements for treats that I really enjoy.

So most of you know that Shakeology is my go to.  The simple fact that Shakeology helps to curb my cravings has been reason enough for me.  Plus the fact that it truly tastes amazing and doesn't make me feel guilty for it!  Here are a few of my favorite Halloween Shakeology Recipe.  You might think I'm crazy and that nothing could possibly taste as good as the candy bar, but try it! I promise you won't regret it!!!!

Butterfinger Shakeology Recipe
Butterfinger Shakeology Recipe

1 Scoop of Chocolate Shakeology
1 cup of unsweetened Almond Milk
1 1/2 TBSP of Butterscotch pudding mix
1 1/2 TBSP of PB2 (or peanut butter)
Ice and Blend to Taste

Snickers Shakeology Recipe
Snickers

4 oz almond milk
2T PB2 (or peanut butter, the more natural the healthier)
1T slivered almonds 
1T Sugar Free Caramel syrup
1 scoop chocolate shakeology.

Almond Joy Shakeology Recipe


S’Mores
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1 cup almond milk, coconut milk or water
Ice to taste
Topping – 2 slivers of graham cracker and 2 tbsp of Marshmallow Fluff
Smores Shakeology Recipe

Malted Peanut Butter Cup
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1 cup skim milk (or nut or soy milk)
2 tbsp PB2
2 tbsp Malt Powder
Ice to taste

Chocolate Cake Batter
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1 cup almond milk, coconut milk or water
1/4 pkg sugar free Jello Cheesecake pudding mix
Ice to taste
Fun Shakeology Recipes

Chocolate Pistachio
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1 cup almond milk
1/4 pkg sugar free Jello pistachio pudding mix
Ice to taste
Pistachio Shakeology Recipe

Nuts for Chocolate
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1 cup vanilla almond milk (or water)
1/4 pkg sugar free Jello pistachio pudding mix
1 1/2 tbsp PB2
Ice to taste
Mocha Coconut Frap Shakeology

Frozen Mocha*
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1 cup almond milk
1 tbsp instant coffee
Ice to taste
Mexican Chocolate*
1 scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1 cup almond milk
5 big dashes cinnamon
Ice to taste

Snickerdoodle Shakeology


I am a sucker for anything with Coconut and this recipe sounds amazing!
Chocolate Shakeology
1 cup of cold coffee
Coconut extract ( a tiny dash)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Ice and blend
It is a great replacement to the toasted coconut Starbucks Mocha Frap!!!


Chocolate Mocha Coconut Frap Replacement!!!


What is Shakeology?
If this is the first time you are reading this and wondering what the hype is about Shakeology Check this out!


If I were to explain what Shakeology means to me this is what I would say:
Shakeology was something that I used think was to expensive.  I USED to think that I didn't need a Shake to lose weight.  I used to think that I could do it all on my own.  I CAN do it all on my own but Shakeology makes it CHEAPER (YES TRUST ME) and easier.  I am a busy mom of 2 little boys, we are busy with activities, school and work.  I always have really good intentions of packing every bag and snack but lets face it.  Life gets in the way.  We are running late, we over sleep and our kids don't cooperate.  You have no idea how many times I am running out the door thinking, Oh I'll just grab something along the way.  Then inevitably there are NO healthy choices and I'm stuck with crap!  Now my Shakeology is that quick easy MEAL (not a protein shake) that I can grab and go.  It tastes really really good and it is easy to make.  You can fancy it up by blending with fruit and nuts or you can go plain jane and mix with water.  You can shake or blend and you can make it a dessert or a meal!  The sky is the limit.  I also love that it is perfectly portion controlled.  We eat healthy foods but a lot of times we eat to much!  With Shakeology you get your serving size and you don't have to even think about it! CONVENIENCE right there!!!!

Also, Shakeology has helped me to curb my sweet cravings and has given me natural energy.  Not the kind of energy you get from a red bull but the kind of energy that just keeps you on a steady state of awareness all day long.  It's just down right good stuff! 
It's $4 a day for Shakeology and it's worth every penny.  If you compare Shakeology to any other healthy meal out there you can't find anything that even comes close to the nutritional value.  

In my opinion it's worth every single penny invested.  I am investing in my health which will effect my family, my health and our future!!!  Think long term, always invest in your health!!

Want more information on how you too can score Shakeology.  Contact me today for options!!!




Shakeology Ingredients


Labels: , , , , , , , ,