Perspective: Half Full vs Half Empty



Today is a little different of a blog post. It is something that I have been thinking a lot about lately and I really want to share it with you.  Something called outlook or perspective.  Are you the type of person that sees the glass half empty or the glass half full?  Do you see the window of opportunity open or shut?  Failure or opportunity?  When one door closes does another door open?  This is something that I feel is a strength of mine.  But the more people I encounter in my life I realize that no everyone things the same way that I do.  So I am hoping today to give you a little perspective.  

Let me tell you that everyday when I wake up it's not always roses and sunshine.  There are days that I stay up to late and the alarm goes off and it's like slow torture getting out of bed.  Or the kids were up five or six times because they are sick and I don't want to get up.  Instead of blaming them for waking up, I am thankful that I have 2 heathy and happy kids.  I am thankful for the ability to be able to wake up and workout everyday.  I am thankful that my legs work and my health is good. The one thing I have learned over the past year is that you never know what tomorrow will bring so be thankful for each moment, breathe and experience that you have.  So, this is part of my motivation to get up everyday.  I know that I am able and that I am providing myself with a future of health and wellness.

Now lets flip my to my nutrition.  There are always temptations everywhere that you go.  I mean literally at every turn there is pizza, pastries, desserts, soda and alcohol.  Let's face it we just live in a society where eating processed high fat food is the norm.  Half the time I get this look like I have 3 heads when I talk about eating healthy!  When I started this journey I used to think I was missing out on life because I was eating healthy.  I used to crave cookies and cakes and felt like it was the end of the world if I didn't get a taste.  But over time I realized that every time I did have a cheat meal my stomach would hurt, I would get bloated and actually rather cranky.  So I started viewing healthy eating as treating my body right, as an opportunity to live with energy and vitality.  I used this experience to teach others how to eat clean and to make better choices as well.  Now, because of that outlook and positivity I have been able to impact the lives of others in so many other ways!!!

Lastly, in my business!  There have been many times that I didn't hit a benchmark that I was going after.  There have been many times when I felt like I would never grow my business like the other leaders in the company have.  I have failed many of times, I didn't make the cut to go to leadership last year and instead of giving up, saying I am a failure I decided to work harder, get a strategy together and put it in motion.  I looked at it as an opportunity to grow myself and to be a better leader on my own.  
Because of that event I feel that I was pushed out on my own and I exploded in my business this year because I wasn't going to let that happen again!

So in life  don't dwell on the things that go wrong, on the things you can't change!  No matter how much it bothers you or how bad a situation sucks you cannot change it with your worry! The only thing you can do is vow that from this point forward you are going to do things differently.  I do my very best not to be negative, but to look at the positive.  This keeps me sane and it keeps me from wasting energy on the insignificant things and putting my effort into making a positive change!

Perspective can either bring people closer to you or push them further away!  I vow to keep a positive outlook and to always give others the benefit of the doubt!  You never know what someone's story is, so before you judge a book by its cover take a few minutes to ask them what their story is!!!!


Labels: , , , , , ,