Un-Stuffed Cabbage Recipe


A few of my challengers in my groups have shared this recipe and are totally raving about it.  I will for sure be adding this to next weeks meal plan!!!  It looks amazing and we love stuffed cabbage in our family.  It is something both my husband and I grew up on.  So having a healthy alternative to one of our favorite comfort foods is nothing short of COMFORTING!!!!

Try it out and let me know what you and your family think!!!


Ingredients:

1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey (I always do ground turkey)
1 tablespoon oil
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small cabbage, chopped
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes  (low sodium or no salt added)
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce (no sodium or no salt added)
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt

Preparation:

In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.

Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.


Yield: Serves 6 to 8


ENJOY!!!!!

If I were classifying this for the 21 day fix I would call it 1 red container and 1 Green container!!!!

From Fifty Plus and Getting Fit's Facebook page!!!!


Labels: , , , , , , ,