We just finished up an amazing family dinner! Seriously everything we have tried from the nutrition guide has been delicious so far! Instead of lettuce wraps for the kids I used whole grain taco shells, gave them low fat cheese and greek yogurt for on their tacos.
|21 Day Fix Turkey Lettuce Wraps|
I added black beans and green beans to make it a complete dinner.
- 1 1/2 lbs raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 tomato sauce, no sugar added
- 6 large lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add turkey; cook stirring frequently for 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add garlic powder, cumin, salt, chili powder, paprika, and oregano; mix well.
- Add onion and bell pepper, cook stirring frequently for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add water and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil Reduce heat to low; cook, covered for 10 to 12 minutes. Top each lettuce leaf evenly with turkey mixture, tomato and cilantro.
1 GREEN & 1 RED
If you add beans 1 YELLOW
If you add avocado add 1 BLUE
Labels: 21 Day Fix Extreme, clean eating, Family Friendly Healthy Dinners, Green Beans, melanie mitro, Mexican, Turkey Lettuce Wraps