I think that I could honestly eat this every single day! It's by far one of my favorite recipes!!! It's straight from the 21 Day Fix Extreme booklet. Both my husband and I absolutely love this!
It is a green container and a red container and it feels like a hearty filling meal.
|21 Day Fix Extreme Beef Stew|
It makes 6 servings, approximately 1 1/4 cups each
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs raw lean beef stew meat, boneless, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup low sodium organic beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add beef, cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until beef is brown.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook stirring frequently for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic, cook stirring frequently for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium - low, cook, covered for 40 minutes
- Add squash, cook stirring for 8 to 12 minutes occasionally or until the sauce thickens and beef is fork tender.
- Remove the bay leaf, top with parsley and serve.
I actually make extra and have for the next few days for lunch! The squash should be soft when poked with a fork.
Labels: 21 Day Fix Extreme, Beef, Butternut Squash, Clean Eating Recipes, meal planning, melanie mitro