Salad In A Jar Recipe

Salad In A Jar, clean Eating, Salad,Melanie MItro, eat clean


You know being a clean eater for almost 4 years now you would think I have tried it all.  But clearly I haven't.  Each day I swear I find something new to add to the list of things to try.  This idea actually came from a challenger of mine and I instantly fell in love with it!  Salad in a jar.  Have you heard of it?  I've made the mason jar oatmeal before and yes it was delicious but I have not heard of salad in a jar!  

So this week my mission is to try a different salad in a jar recipe and give you the scoop!  I love salad and quite honestly could eat it every day for lunch, but the same salads get boring fast.  There are lots of different ways to switch it up and I'm about to share it with you.

So how do you make a salad in a jar?




So to start here is a basic recipe:


  1. Add 1 orange container of the creamy garlic dressing to the bottom of the jar.
  2. Then add in Carrots, Cucumbers, Celery, Peppers
  3. Next add in chickpeas and black beans
  4. If you would like any cheese this is the time to do it.  A little feta cheese gives it lots of flavor.
  5. Next is the softer veggies or avocado and or strawberries or dried fruits. If you are not planning to eat this salad for a few days wait to add this until you serve.
  6. Next is nuts and seeds like sunflower seeds, almonds, walnuts.
  7. Last but not least pack in the salad greens on top.
  8. Then screw the lid on tight and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and enjoy!





Labels: , , , , , ,