21 Day Fix Women's Transformation Meet My Mom

Today is a very exciting day.  It's one thing to help my challengers in my challenge group get results.  Its an extremely rewarding job to see the people that I work with learn how to make healthier choices, how to change their lifestyle and how to overcome obstacles that were previously preventing them from reaching their health and fitness goals.
Grandma, Motivation, Eat Clean, Family, Transformation, 21 Day Fix, Weight loss after 40
My mom's motivation to change-FAMILY


It's a totally different thing to see a family member get results and completely change their lives.  I have watched my mom yo-yo diet for as long as I can ever remember.  Weight Watchers, It Figures, those pre packaged meals, and Beachbody.  It wasn't until about a year ago that I invited my mom to do the 21 Day Fix with me!  I decided I was going to hold her accountable and we were going to do it together! She did awesome in the first round, she stuck with it and lost about 10 lbs.
Grandma, Motivation, Eat Clean, Family, Transformation, 21 Day Fix, Weight loss after 40

Then, after that round of the fix she maintained the 10 lbs loss but it wasn't until 6 weeks ago when she committed 100% to the nutrition, to the workouts and the challenge group that she really took things to the next level.  There were quite a few things that have changed for my mom in the last 6 weeks!  It's really awesome to see both my mom and dad so healthy and happy!  I want for both of them to be able to play and run with our boys for a very long time.  It's such a blessing to have parents who not only support what I do, but really are on board and are getting healthy too! WHAT AN AWESOME JOB!!!!!  

Here is her story:

"HERE IT IS...TRANSFORMATION TUESDAY!
42 Days ago, I made up my mind that I was going to get rid of the inner tube around my waist once and for all. I have always been a yo-yo dieter and would use the excuse that I didn't want to lose too much weight because then I would have to buy smaller clothes. I would tell everybody that "I just wanted to fit comfortably in the clothes I already had". It has been a game with me and the scale every morning. I would get on and if I was down a pound or 2, I would let up on my eating habits and if the scale was up a pound or 2, then I would try to eat salads and what I thought was healthy foods. But, as we all know, it doesn't take long for that kind of thinking to backfire and pretty soon 2 lbs is 4 lbs and then it's out of control. 

One day this past winter when all I did was come home from work and sit in my chair and watch TV I decided enough was enough. My mother turned 90 in January and is the picture of health, my husband is a health and physical education teacher and my daughter Melanie Mitro is the #1 Beachbody coach for 2014! I am surrounded by people who value their health and are committed to keeping themselves physically fit and eating right.

During the past 42 days, it wasn't easy getting started, my knees hurt everyday and I was VERY sore most every day from pushing myself to lift heavier weights and try to get in a really good sweat. I have improved my core strength, the back fat and spare tire around my waist is disappearing. I feel amazing and now that I have made it a habit, I can't imagine not getting in some form of exercise every day and not measuring all my food out in those color coded containers so I get the right portion sizes. Thank you to 21 Day Fix and Autumn Calabrese and my family for being my inspiration. I still have a few more pounds to lose, but I am focused on achieving my goal and I am not letting my excuses get in the way ever again. THIS IS A PERMANENT LIFESTYLE CHANGE!!!

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10"

Grandma, Motivation, Eat Clean, Family, Transformation, 21 Day Fix, Weight loss after 40

If you are in the 40+ age range and you are looking for support, accountability and encouragement you can join one of my Mom's challenge groups!  She is absolutely amazing and dedicated and committed to really giving you the very best quality of service!  She is getting ready to kick of a new challenge group this week!

Be Fit at Forty +

Grandma, Motivation, Eat Clean, Family, Transformation, 21 Day Fix, Weight loss after 40


Labels: , , , ,