A few months ago you may of seen my blog post about my anxiety and how I was having some serious trouble keeping that in check. It was the honest to goodness truth and I really was starting to almost throw myself back into a depression because I couldn't get it under control. In reality, everything else around me was "in control" except for myself. I have a GREAT career, I am at the top of my company, we have 2 healthy boys and I have a wonderful husband. Truthfully I should have absolutely nothing to worry about. I should be more than happy with our life, and there is no reason at all to be anxious.
So why? Why was this feeling of tightness in my chest, the queasy stomach, the unsettled feelings from the minute I opened my eyes in the morning! It was frustrating me to no end. I was trying to relax, breathe deep but nothing was taking away that feeling. So what do you do when that is the case? What do you do to get yourself to find your happy place again?
Well for me I have a few things that I do:
1. First I pray. I mean honestly, when you think you can control it all that means that you are not giving it up to God. We cannot control the uncontrollable so we have to be able to bless and release.
2. When your feet hit the floor or your eyes open repeat to yourself, "it's going to be a great day".
Start each day with positivity. List out 10 things that are going well in your life and journal them to remember all the positive things that you are blessed with. We can and do EASILY get stuck on the negative and it requires us to place an emphasis on the positive to remind us that things are actually going much better than we think. Our perception is not always accurate.
3. Workout! Working out isn't just about vanity, its about the feel good endorphins, it's about something I can control, its about taking my own 30 minutes each day to feed my soul and to clear my mind. Working out is MY ZONE! It's ME time. It makes me better equipped to take on the day. I was actually listening to a Chalene Johnson podcast and she was talking about the "happy pill" and that if you want the secret to more success, more energy and more happiness then you should exercise! Which I whole heartedly agree with. It's all about having those endorphins paired with healthy eating that keeps you on the straight and narrow.
4. Clean Eating: Clean eating gives me energy to push through the physical and mental demands of my day. Eating clean gives me stable blood sugar so I don't have the highs and lows in energy levels. It also helps me to feel more confident, have more energy to crush my workout and stay healthier.
5. Drink Shakeology daily: It really does boost your immune system, it gives your body the vitamins your body needs to help reduce stress and anxiety along with curb cravings for sweets and other things!
6. Have an accountability partner and support system. Having a support system helps to keep you on track when you could easily derail or get off track. I find that when I have my challengers in my challenge groups that it keeps me focused on my workouts and my nutrition because I know I have to check in with them each day. So I am more likely to stay on track.
So, this brings me to a thought I had this past week! I have really struggled with Anxiety and Depression in my life. I have sought out therapy for it, I have managed it on my own, I have done years of yoga and deep breathing to get through my bouts of anxiety attacks. I have faced my fears and won! I refuse to let anxiety get the best of me or keep me from enjoying life. So why not share what has worked for me with YOU!!!!
I have decided to do a "Take Back Your Life" Support and Accountability Group where I share with you all of the tips and tricks that have worked for me in controlling my anxiety, speaking positivity into my life, and the power of nutrition in your mental health! I am not an expert or a doctor but I am an over comer! I am going to support, encourage and cheer you on to becoming a stronger version of the already AWESOME person that you already are! Does that sound like something you would like to do?
If that is the case here is what I am going to do!
On August 17th we will start our "pre season" which is our plan and prep week! I am going to create a closed online Facebook Support Group where each person is required to join!
Each person is required to make me their free coach on TeamBeachbody. You can do that here: Create A Free Account then since Yoga has not only helped me to gain strength and flexibility but it has helped me to take control over my breathing and my thoughts Piyo is going to be the preferred program. If you do not wish to do Piyo then you can choose to do another Beachbody Fitness program but we are going to talk a lot about breathing and being present in the moment and I feel that yoga is the best workout!
Secondly, each person is required to replace 1 meal a day with Shakeology. Either breakfast, lunch or dinner. There is no right or wrong meal you can replace Shakeology with. It's truly whatever meal you struggle with most. Shakeology is not a protein shake, but it is a high quality, nutrient dense meal that has the right protein and carbohydrate ratio to keep you full for 2 and a half to 3 hours. You can still use your protein powders post workout or as a supplement but this is different, shakeology is a meal. I find that people get better results, have decreased cravings for sweets, it keeps your blood sugar stable and you are healthier! It's the nutrition that most do not get from their food in one glass.
But, I am also going to teach you how to plan out your meals, what are some healthy snacks, dinners and lunches. Together we are going to work to give you a well rounded healthy balanced mind and body perspective on your health and your mental health. The program is 6 weeks long! You are required to check in daily to the group and report your progress with your food and your workouts.
- Does this sound like something you would like to do?
- If you are interested please complete the application below to be considered for a spot in the group.
- Space is limited and it's first come first to commit get the spots.
Labels: Accountability, Anxiety, clean eating, Depression, Elite Coach, melanie mitro, Piyo, Shakeology, Support, Top Coach, Yoga.