Halloween Survival Guide, Tips For a Healthy Halloween

Halloween Survival Guide, Halloween Healthy Tips, Clean Eating, Eat Clean Halloween, Healthy Kids, Fitness Inspiration, Melanie Mitro

I am absolutely a candy- a-holic!  I mean I crave sweets and I could eat dessert first for every meal.  I just have a sweet tooth and no matter how long I eat clean I still love my sweet fix.  I also am very aware that I feel like utter crappola when I have too many sweets and carbs.  It is like my body literally shuts down on me.  It might taste good in the moment but the after affects of sugar aren't pretty!  

I have worked way to hard to start sliding backwards with those sweet treats!  It starts with Halloween, then it continues to Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years and before you know it you are looking back and saying, "What the heck happened to me"!!!  It all starts with 1 decision!  

Halloween is the GATEWAY drug to the HOLIDAY SUGAR ADDICTION!  You start small with halloween candy and by New Years you are an addict!  

So lets start today with changing our mindset and looking at every choice and decision as steps towards a healthier lifestyle.  I do believe in the 80/20 rule, which means I will have a piece of candy and a drink on Halloween but I will do so in moderation!  Check out my tips below!

🔹Don't buy Halloween candy until the day of trick or treating! Trust me they won't sell out of candy! 
Having candy in the house just calls you at weak moments! 

🔹Make it a healthy Halloween and give out pretzels; pencils, glow sticks or temporary tattoos and bypass the whole thing!!! 

🔹Allow yourself to have 1-3 pieces of candy and let that satisfy the sweet tooth! Don't deprive yourself- have a taste and give the rest away!

🔹Donate the candy! When the kids go to school on Monday pick out their favorites and donate the rest of the candy or pitch it!! The less temptation the better and honestly the kids won't even know!! If you live in the Pittsburgh area you can take unwrapped candy to the Lighthouse foundation or donate it to the troops!

🔹Focus on your goals and your health! Sure the candy might taste good at the moment but will it make u feel good in the long run or will it leave u feeling guilty???

Don't let the candy drive you! Be strong- feeling good in your own skin is the best reward you can give yourself!!  I will say that on the day of halloween I will be doing a killer cardio workout to burn extra calories so that when I do have a treat I will just cancel it out!  It's all mindset!


Who is committed to a healthy Halloween!?! 


Below I added in some extra recipes that have kept me on track along the way!!  I hope they help you too! For more daily tips hit up my Facebook Page!

Halloween Survival Guide, Halloween Healthy Tips, Clean Eating, Eat Clean Halloween, Healthy Kids, Fitness Inspiration, Melanie Mitro
Halloween Shakeology Recipe

Fav Halloween candy... ALMOND JOY!!!
🍡Unsweetened coconut
🍡Almond extract
🍡A few almonds
🍬Almond milk
🍬Water
🍬Ice
🍬Chocolate Shakeology
Blend and it's my evening snack tonight!!! This is my craving saver!!! 🍥

Halloween Survival Guide, Halloween Healthy Tips, Clean Eating, Eat Clean Halloween, Healthy Kids, Fitness Inspiration, Melanie Mitro

This yummy little treat would be awesome for my kids!  I have all these ingredients in the house and tomorrow night with our dinner this is going to be our dessert!  Plus it will be fun to let them help make this as well.

SWEET POTATO FRIES


Who loves sweet potatoes????  We do! The Mitro house has sweet potatoes a few times a week! It's a staple! So here is a really cute recipe that the kids can also help with!

Looking for a fun Halloween side that is healthier than all that candy? These home-baked sweet potato fries are all that -- and quick and easy too!

INGREDIENTS

large sweet potatoes
1/2 
teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
tablespoon sugar
tablespoons olive oil
1/2 
tablespoon salt
FLAVOR: OPTIONAL Instead of the spice, sugar and salt, try a pinch of Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix

DIRECTIONS

  • Scrub the sweet potatoes clean. Slice sweet potatoes into 1/4 rounds. Use mini cookie cutters to cut jack-o-lantern faces, stars, and pumpkins into the center of each sweet potato slice. Or, use a small knife and carve a mini jack-o-lantern face into the sweet potato slices.
  • Place sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and salt. Bake in an oven preheated to 400°F and cook until tender, about 18-22 minutes.
Halloween Survival Guide, Halloween Healthy Tips, Clean Eating, Eat Clean Halloween, Healthy Kids, Fitness Inspiration, Melanie Mitro
yummy!


Halloween Survival Guide, Halloween Healthy Tips, Clean Eating, Eat Clean Halloween, Healthy Kids, Fitness Inspiration, Melanie Mitro
Great Idea For A Halloween Party


Halloween Survival Guide, Halloween Healthy Tips, Clean Eating, Eat Clean Halloween, Healthy Kids, Fitness Inspiration, Melanie Mitro
Super Cute For Kids


Have a safe and healthy Halloween!  





Labels: , , , , , ,