Happy Mother's Day

Being a Mother is a role that you are never quite prepared for.  When Matt and I decided to start a family we didn't really think about how much our life would really change forever.



No one gives you the low down on the sleepless nights, the random diaper explosions, temper tantrums in the grocery store over the candy in the checkout line, or the embarrassing inappropriate comments that can come out of your kids mouths at the worst times.

Right now our kids are testing our patience. They aren't listening, they can never find their baseball hats, their soccer cleats when its time to go to practice.  They fight to do their homework, they fight us to eat their dinner and they fight us to clean up their toys... oh and they FIGHT EACH OTHER!

Some days as a mom I'm tested.  I'm pushed to my limit and sometimes I break!  I mean I all out scream an UGLY scream and send them to their rooms!  Then, I feel like the worst person in the world.  But I love my boys and they are my joys!  I wouldn't change my craziness for the world, and let me just say, IT IS A HEALTHY DOSE OF CRAZY at the MITRO's  on MOST DAYS!

There are nights I fall into bed and question whether I can do it again the next day!  When the alarm goes off in the morning and my feet hit the floor I am back at it again!  That's what we do as mothers, we just DO IT because we love our craziness.

I choose JOY and I choose to always focus on the blessings instead of the struggle.

I am thankful that I can have kids.
I am thankful that they are healthy boys.
I do not take one single day for granted because you don't know what the next day or even hours will bring.
Life is to short to complain about the little things.
I am thankful for the memories we are making together.
I am thankful for their laughter.
I am thankful for the pitter patter of little feet in my house.
I am thankful for the good the bad and the ugly because we are alive, breathing and TOGETHER.
I am thankful for the legos that I almost kill myself on daily.

I am thankful because we are a family and its everything that I wanted it to be and more!

I don't live a fairy tale, I just live LIFE!

I am not perfect, I won't ever claim to be, but I'm keeping it real & this is my MOM journey!

I am thankful that I have an awesome momma myself.  She taught me how to be a great mom, how to love unconditionally, how to always finish whatever you started and work hard to get what you want.  


I am mom!  I do LIFE and I love my LIFE!  TODAY be thankful for the MOMS out there who influenced us in a positive way, showed us what is right and wrong and led by example!  

I hope you have an awesome Mother's Day!



I woke up this morning to the pitter patter of little feet, the clanking of the pans and dishes in the kitchen and their little whispering voices.  These are my little men!  Landon & Bryce light up my world with so much joy!!!
They made me a veggie omelet and coconut pancakes.
Landon wanted to get me chocolate because that is what I needed on Mother's Day.
Bryce wanted to get me candles because when I need candles he helps me by smelling every single one and telling me what he thinks about it.  
They each made me cards and a special gift from school.

I am so blessed by these awesome little boys and their daddy!!!!




Labels: , , , , , ,