A little bit about me! If you are a new reader or even if you have been around following me for awhile today I'm going to give you my top 10 things you may or may not know about me!!! I think I live a pretty average and normal life but I have this feeling in my gut to do something extraordinary and that is bring joy to others through their health and fitness!!!
1. If you gave me a day completely to myself what would I do? First I would workout, then shopping! Shopping is my favorite past time. Then, a good old nap is my favorite way to recharge! I'm a big fan of hitting up the spa for a little downtime as well! I'm a total girly girl which is why its so funny that I have 2 boys. But I can honestly say that I love my boys from the bottom of my heart and I actually am totally fine without having a girl!
|On a shopping mission! Top Secret|
2. I was born with my left foot turned in and it had to be casted! I don't remember this but I have pictures of me in a cast!
3. I bought my husband for $6 at a Bachelor Auction! YUP that's right....it was our Junior year of college and I was in a sorority, Alpha Sigma Alpha and Matt was friends with one of the sisters. He was asked to be in this fundraiser and he agreed. I was actually the fundraising chair organizing the event. I bid on my Matt and won him at $6. He asked me on our first date through instant messenger and we went out on Valentine's day! His friends bet that it wouldn't last a week! The rest was history!!!
4. I have this horrible bad habit of picking! I can't help it, it's totally my nervous habit and I need to stop! I think to myself all the time. I am great at giving advice on fitness and nutrition and telling people to have will power but I can't kick the picking habit! Please tell me I am not alone in this crazy habit?!?!
5. I have my Masters Degree in Special Education and worked as a Director of Early Intervention before having children. I am definitely the type of person that likes to see other people succeed. Whether it's in education or now health and fitness.
6. I am addicted to sweets! Its a constant battle not to literally eat an entire cake or any dessert that comes into my house. This is a lot of the reasons why I just don't keep it in the house to begin with! This is where I constantly have to flex my will power muscles!!! But I'm winning thanks to Shakeology and chocolate chip cookie dough greek yogurt.
Thank goodness for finding clean eating because not only do I love sweets but I love to eat....ALOT!
My mission is to teach others to eat clean and not feel like they are starving but instead teach them a lifestyle change!!!
7. I love love love Mexican Food!!!! I make it at least 2 times a week!
8. I am a control freak! I always have to be in control and make the decisions. I have the hardest time sitting back and letting someone else do the work. I always think I could do it better. But that gets me into trouble because then I take on more than I can handle!!!
9. My dream vacation is to go to FIJI and then to Australia. My idea of a vacation is laying on the beach with a good book with a fun fruity umbrella drink!
10. I am a disaster! I look organized on the outside but my house is a neat freaks worst nightmare. I truthfully know where everything is but it's just not organized. The best gift anyone could give me is a personal organizer!!!
11. I gained over 70 lbs with each of my pregnancies which lead to this horribly large belly. People would joke with me that I was having twins, but I wasn't! It also led to excess skin, stretch marks and horrible diastasis rectis and a hernia!
12. I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY JOB! When people say their job is their passion I used to think they were crazy! Not anymore, I now know that my passion is Beachbody Coaching and helping other people reach their health and fitness goals plus also lead my team to financial freedom and their own business goals! Not many people can say that they wake up every single day excited to work. That is ME!!! I get all giddy when it's my time to work!!!!
Thanks for following me and I'm glad to have made such a positive impact on the lives of others!!!
Labels: 10 things about me, beachbody coach, clean eating, Fitness, Fun Facts, Get to know me, melanie mitro, Passion, Success Story, Top Coach